COLOMBIA MOTO ADVENTURES
Perhaps one of the most asked questions, when people come to Colombia and see the lush landscape, is “can I rent a motorbike?” Why wouldn’t you want to ride through the mountains and really feel that “wow factor”?
For a long time, that wasn’t really possible unless you were doing it low-key with a guy who knows a guy. Now, though, you can find some motorbike rental companies that do the hard work for you. All you have to do is show up, gear up, and step up.
That’s the case with Colombia Moto Adventures, located in Medellín. Started by a professional travel and wildlife photographer, Colombia Moto Adventures is putting their very own spin on motorcycle touring companies in Colombia. Best of all, they’re offering lightweight adventure motorbikes with all the gadgets you need for just $80 a day.
ONE PRICE GETS YOU EVERYTHING
With Colombia Moto Adventures there are no extra charges for extra mileage, you don’t have to have your own gear, your own insurance, or worry about anything else. All you have to do is set your goal for what you want to do, what you want to see. $80/day and you’re free to explore.
So, what exactly will you get for your dollars?
- Unlimited Kilometers – Drive wherever you want without having to worry about extra charges for mileage/kilometers
- Helmet – High-quality helmets with integrated sun visors
- Driving Gloves
- Jacket – High-quality motorcycle gear that keeps you safe and dry through all the climates that Colombia has to offer.
- Top box – Huge 48 liter top box for all your things. The box also has a padded backrest so passengers can travel comfortably.
- Cell Phone Holder – RAM® X-Grip® phone holder to keep your device secure and accessible while navigating.
- USB Charger – Charge your phone while you drive
- SOAT – Colombia’s mandatory liability insurance
- Medical Insurance – (Just in case)
- Roadside Assistance – In the event of an emergency or breakdown 24-hour roadside assistance is also included in our policies.
- Luggage Storage – We have a secure storage room available if you need to leave some things.
THE DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS
SEE COLOMBIA THROUGH THE LENS
So, where did all this start out? If you’ve read Catalyst before, you know we’re all about the story behind a local business. It’s not enough to know the whos, the whats and the how much, we want to know the why.
Jeff Cremer, founder of Colombia Moto Adventures saw something beyond “pretty landscapes” in Colombia. He saw Colombia, and the Peruvian Amazon through the lens of his camera for years before this endeavor. In fact, his photos have been published by National Geographic, the Discovery Channel, Wired Magazine, and the BBC.
This came together with the start of a motorcycle company by creating a way to see the most picture-worthy locations in Colombia; a way to pair the experience and the photos of a lifetime. This is why Jeff being a photographer is so important. Not only can he tell you about the most picturesque places to visit, but he can also instruct you on how to get the best shots while you’re there, even providing a guide to take you there.
What’s behind it all? As a photographer, what he does is share the things he finds stunning. Now, he gets to do that in a totally different way; sharing breathtaking landscapes with actual sensory experience!
THE BIKES: BIG ENOUGH TO BE FUN, SMALL ENOUGH TO BE SAFE
The reason why finding larger, functional motorcycles to rent in Medellin is so difficult, and often expensive is because, well, they’re expensive. They’re expensive to maintain and insure so all of those costs come out of your pocket when you rent. Instead, local companies choose to stock up on smaller, slower motorbikes. Often, they’ll lack medical insurance and other vital elements of a rental package.
Colombia Moto Adventures offers high-quality lightweight adventure motorcycles that are affordable and easy to drive while also being powerful and comfortable for long trips deep into the heart of Colombia. Which is like half the fun of renting a motorbike in Colombia in the first place. Their soft power and easy-to-ride character allow riders to break into the adventure bike world while having enough power and features for veteran riders to enjoy as well.
Want to go with a group but not everyone can ride as well as you, (you pro!) No problem. These bikes ride well at easy to handle at different speeds. They back out of small spaces and parking lots easily (which I’ll admit is my personal weak point).
Here are their options for bikes:
- Kawasaki Versys-X 300 – Perfect for multi-day trips around Colombia. The Versys-X 300 is powerful for long distance trips and riding 2 up. Twin cylinder, smooth shifting, and a great suspension.
- Honda XRE 300 – Lightweight and tough the XRE300 is an all-terrain bike built with Honda quality and reliability. Built a little bit more for off-roading but still great bike for long distance touring.
- Dominar 400 – An awesome sport touring bike from India with lots of torque.
Colombia itself is an experience. Colombia on a motorbike is even better! How many times have you been on a bus from one town to another and from your window seat, you see the most picturesque waterfall, or hill, or tree in the middle of a field- is that just me?
The Colombia Moto Adventures experience allows you to not only tour Colombia from your bike, but also focus on truly seeing, photographing, and experiencing it in all of its dimensions; its beauty, its culture, and its people. Tour the most beautiful and picture-worthy locations in the country and get the experience and the pictures of a lifetime.
TOURS BY COLOMBIA MOTO ADVENTURES
Motorcycle trips range from motorcycle day trips to Guatape to take in the sweeping views from the top of the famous El Peñol rock to week long motorcycle trips to the Colombia Coffee Region where riders can journey into the spectacular Valle del Cocora to find eight species of hummingbirds as well as the famous wax palms — Colombia’s national tree — which regularly grow up to a height of 150 feet, or sometimes up to 200 feet.
Another popular tour is a motorcycle day trip into the backcountry outside of Medellin to fish for trout. Known as the “Switzerland of Colombia” for its abundance of dairy farms and beautiful scenery, the trip takes us through beautiful towns as well as off-road sections where we ride through the hills and crossing streams before arriving at a remote family-owned trout farm located at almost 9000ft in elevation.
The route is beautiful and the riding is easy and its tons of fun catching fish with friends. The perfect motorcycle day trip from Medellin. Other tours such as the 12-day Ultimate Coffee Region motorcycle tour is perfect for riders looking for an expedition through the adventurous Andean mountain range. This route starts in Medellin and takes riders through on a full loop through Colombia’s staggering peaks, rugged ridgelines, and diverse elevations bringing riders full circle arriving in Medellin again at the end of the trip.
One of their coolest tours though is the one to go mining for emeralds! I’ve never seen anyone else offer this kind of experience and I genuinely want to do this myself.
HOW TO BOOK WITH COLOMBIA MOTO ADVENTURES
- Driver’s license for motorcycles – You are OK to ride with you driver license from back home without the need of any special or additional documentation.
- Minimum 20 years of age.
- Credit card – with sufficient funds for $1000USD security deposit.
BOOK A TRIP WITH COLOMBIAMOTOADVENTURES.COM
Get in touch with Jeff Cremer and set up your next Colombian experience on the motorbike you’ve been wanting to ride.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: Colombia: +57 321 491 7060 / United States: 1 (786) 623 4393
Interesting topics for articles: The Best India’s North-West Frontier Tour
Reference articles from blogs www.catalystweekly.com