Analyzing and optimizing website design is not a simple task, so many vendors have launched effective seo support tools for SEO to plan for more sustainable website development.
Understanding how to analyze your SEO competition is a critical aspect of your overall SEO strategy.
Why reinvent the wheel, when you can leverage your competitor’s hard work? Your competitors may already hold the key to your SEO success.
By looking at what your rivals are doing, you can jumpstart your online marketing. Take the time to analyze your competitors to understand why they are successful in organic search. With proper research, you can save time, avoid pitfalls, and fine-tune your marketing strategy.
Turn threats into opportunities!
The key is finding the right tools to use for the job. I have done the work for you and chosen 11 of the best SEO competitor analysis tools.
But first, let’s go through the basics of competitive analysis.
1. KW FINDER
If you’re looking for a tool that will help you find keywords, KW Finder is perfect. This is an affordable keyword research tool with an affordable price.
KW Finder is not a comprehensive SEO analysis tool. It focuses strictly on keywords, but it does so very well.
Here are some of the key features you’ll find on KW Finder:
- Ad hoc keyword search
- A database of more than 1.6 billion keywords
- Long-tail keyword suggestions
- Local SEO results for local keywords
- Search trends and keyword analysis
KW Finder makes it easy to do a deep dive into most valuable keywords for your industry. It’s got a simple interface and a lot of useful features.
My Favorite Feature:
My favorite feature of KW Finder is the SERP Analysis feature. It allows you to analyze your top competitors for any keyword quickly. You’ll be able to make quick decisions about which keywords to target.
KW Finder does not have a free trial. However, there are affordable plans at three levels:
- The Basic Plan is $29.90 per month
- The Premium Plan is $39.90 per month
- The Agency Plan is $79.90 per month
You can get 40% off the plan you choose by paying annually in advance.
Ahrefs is a well-known SEO platform. It’s been around for a while, but it still holds a place on my list of favorites.
Some of the features that Ahrefs offers include:
- Competitive analysis
- Keyword research
- Backlink research
- Content research
- Rank tracking
- Web monitoring
- Site Explorer
It’s cloud-based software that you can use from anywhere. They have keyword data on more than 150 million keywords in the United States. They also have data from other countries. With these features and more, Ahrefs is one of the more versatile digital marketing tools available.
My Favorite Feature:
There’s a lot to like about Ahrefs. My favorite feature is the Content Gap report. It tells you which keywords you’ve missed from the ones your competitors rank for. That’s data that can help you improve your rank for organic keywords.
Ahrefs offers a one-week trial for $7. After that, here’s how the pricing works:
- Lite, $99 per month
- Standard, $199 per month
- Advanced, $399 per month
- Agency, $999 per month
SEMRush bills itself as an “online visibility manager.” It’s an online marketing toolkit with some nice SEO analysis features.
With SEMRush, you can track your competitor’s keywords. You can also track how their search rankings change over time. There’s a feature that lets you analyze your competitors’ paid keywords for advertising.
This award-winning software is a preferred keyword research tool.
SEMrush offers domain overview, a variety of charts, organic traffic analytics, ranking information, keyword and backlink gap analysis, and other important analytics features.
Some tasks you can do with SEMrush include evaluating competitors overall online performance and specific contributors to it, including:
- Insights into your competitors’ marketing strategies and budgets
- Desktop/mobile search breakdowns
- Keyword suggestions
- Proactive SEO recommendations
- They also provide an array of ad-hoc reports to help you analyze your competitors.
- See which domains are maintaining top positions in the Google SERP
- See competing sites’ traffic and sources of leads
- Assess local rivals’ regional web presence
- Learn where competitors are focusing their marketing
- Explore competitors ad tactics and strategies
- Discover websites most effective SEO methods
- Examine competitors’ approaches to SEM
- Discover which sites or pages are linked to your competitors’ sites, but not to yours
- Obtain a list of desirable domains for you to target for link-building
My Favorite Feature:
My favorite feature of SEMRush is the Keyword Magic Tool. It allows you to group your keywords by topic. From there, you can create targeting lists.
SEMRush has three billing tiers plus a custom option. Here they are:
- Pro is $99.95 per month
- Guru is $199.95 per month
- Business is $399.95 per month
- If your needs exceed what’s provided by the Business Plan, you can call for a custom quote.
Spyfu has a simple user interface and analytics reports with some unique features. It’s also one of the most affordable options on this list.
Using Spyfu lets you research and manage your most important keywords. It also provides interactive reporting to make it easy to review your data.
SpyFu offers an extensive suite of tools for competitive analytics tools. Categories of competitor research performed with SpyFu include organic keyword, PPC and AdWords. With SpyFu software, you can search and download competitors’ keywords and AdWords, to better understand their SEO strategies. You can track all websites in your business’s SEO niche and continue monitoring for changes in their content and search engine rankings. Learn from competitors’ successes and failures. Understand precisely which optimizations are contributing to their sites outranking yours.
Specific analytics functions available on SpyFu include:
- PPC competitor monitoring
- AdWords advisor for keyword tracking
- Keyword grouping tool
- Custom branded client white label SEO reports
- Track competitors’ websites, capture changes in their rankings through time
- See which organic keywords that competitors rank on and how many clicks they receive
- Observe competitors’ sites or pages changes in the rankings with a keyword
- See which keywords are related to backlinks with competitors, but not with your site
- Track your ranking progress and impression share on your main groups of keywords
- See all keywords that a competitor has bought on Google and all ad tests they have run.
- Identify specific ranking factors for sites that are not well optimized but that rank well
My Favorite Feature:
My favorite feature on Spyfu is the Competitor AdWords Campaign and Ad Test History. It lets you view the results of your competitors’ split tests. You’ll learn which keywords didn’t work out, and which ones did. What sets Spyfu apart is the access to AdWords information. It’s easy to use Spyfu to fine-tune your ad campaigns.
Spyfu offers a lot of value for the price you pay. Here are their prices:
- Basic is $33 per month if you pay annually, $39 with a monthly subscription
- Professional is $58 per month if you pay annually. The monthly plan is billed at $39 the first month. After that, the price is $78 per month.
- Team is $199 per month paid annually, or $299 per month with a monthly subscription
5. RANK RANGER
This SEO competition analysis tool lets you see how your website is performing in contrast to your main competition. Rank Ranger makes it possible to compare statistics for your website to competitors. For example, you can see your competitors’ and your own site’s share of total search volume and other important metrics. The platform’s SEO Dashboard and a user-friendly interface allow you to dive deeper into keyword research.
Some of Rank Ranger’s analytics tools for comparing your website to competitors’ sites include:
- See sites in your niche that have been in the top 20 Google search results for various keywords.
- View changes competitors make to their webpage titles, meta descriptions, and other elements
- See your rank alongside your competitor’s sites for your entire array of keywords
- Discover efforts your competitors make to raise their click-through rate (CTR).
- Learn how competitors’ and your own site’s keyword rankings are distributed across the SERPs
My Favorite Feature:
Rank Ranger’s rank comparison is an analysis report that displays your site’s ranking along with your competitors’ sites for your various keywords. This at-a-glance resource is fundamental for comparative analyses.
- Basic $69 for small business
- Standard $119 for agencies
- Pro $399
The above are 5 extremely effective seo tools, which help SEO analyze websites, as well as analyze competitors so that they can provide the most reasonable and best results.
Interesting topics for articles: Top 5 Best Cloud Backup Providers For Business
Reference articles from blogs seoexpertbrad.com